This recipe is from the P&O’s cookbook aptly titled ‘Holidays’
It’s very nice, although it’s organised strangely by “events” so the desserts are all over the place rather than in one spot!
This recipe included:
- 2.5 packets of Oreos (400g)
- 80g butter
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 500g Cream Cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 150 grams white chocolate + extra to drizzle on top
- Oven on to 170 degrees Celcius
- You use a food processor to mix 2 packets of oreos and the butter to make the base.
- Press it into the bottom of a lined 23cm round spring form tin (I used a 20cm so it is smaller but taller…) & then chill in fridge
- Put the remaining Oreos in the food processor and pulse until they are broken into chunks (these are for the actual cake so whatever size you prefer)
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until combined
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each egg is added
- Add the vanilla essence
- Melt the chocolate and stir it in
- Fold in Oreo Chunks
- Pour over base and put in oven for approx 50 minutes, and then turn oven off and leave in there to cool (Mine was a bit burnt on the base, I would cook it for less next time but my oven is a bit erratic so who knows…)
- Melt some more chocolate and drizzle over top
And there you have it! It is delicious if you were wondering!